nafex - [NAFEX] Peaches and squirrels

  • From: "Harrick, Barbara" <b.harrick@ilslaunch.com>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Peaches and squirrels
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:22:20 -0400

After years of cussing at and shooting at the squirrels in Northern VA
suburbs (zone 6b), we finally built cages to put over the 4 dwarf peach
trees. We used 1 x 1s and built frames and then staple gunned hard plastic
mesh top to bottom. They are light (I can lift them myself). The squirrels
tried to bite holes in them and got a few 2 x 2 inch holes going but
abandoned the project. This is the first year I was actually able to eat my
own peaches!

Barbara Harrick
Senior Technical Editor/Writer

International Launch Services
1875 Explorer Street, Suite 700
Reston, VA 20190
office (571) 633-7430
fax (571) 633-7536
DISCLAIMER
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or proprietary information belonging to ILS International Launch
Services, Inc.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or the information
contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the original transmitter immediately by phone or by
e-mail and delete the original message and any copies that may have been made
of it.