nafex - [NAFEX] what is best temperature for grape cuttings?

  • From: "alden@waldenwinds.com" <alden@waldenwinds.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] what is best temperature for grape cuttings?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:55:45 -0700

I have started some grape cuttings June 18 in pots.

I wondered if there is a best temperature known for grape cuttings.

Grafting temperature for walnuts, [any many other nuts such as hazelnuts]
there is a bell curve peaking at 80ºF. Either below or above 80º sees a
rapid deterioration in the ability of the walnut tree to callus.

I wondered if a 'best' temperature for callusing and then rooting grape
cuttings is known? Previously I had started grape cuttings in a hotbed and
saw a powerful difference between grape cuttings started in a cold-frame vs.
a hot-bed.

Charlie Paradise, Massachusetts

  • [NAFEX] what is best temperature for grape cuttings?, alden@waldenwinds.com, 06/21/2011