nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries - smaller

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries - smaller
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 10:08:29 -0400

I'm growing both Little Giant and Rubel. In a few years I might be able to
give a comparison, although I think my Rubel would like more sun. This year,
it looks like the baby Elizabeths have set more fruit than the baby Little
Giants, so I'm dubious it is super-duper-productive.

FWIW, Hartmann's, which is a reliable vendor that carries both, told me that
Little Giant and Rubel are very similar. Little Giant is a smaller plant,
which appealed to me. I had no idea there was internet hype about the plant
when I bought it, I was just browsing blueberry lists from my ordinary
blueberry providers because I wanted to add a few more plants.

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6