nafex - [NAFEX] more on currant aphids

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] more on currant aphids
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 08:18:48 -0500

So I decided to see if I could get my potted Crandalls cleaned up & used a
very dilute solution of Pyganic, an OMRI approved pyrethrin based solution.
I sprayed them twice, two days apart & it looks like all the new growth is
growing without the discoloration & malformed leaves. I also had a new
planting in the ground of about 25 plants that I was prepared to spray but
fortuitously, there is some kind of black garden spider on literally every
plant. Anyone know if garden spiders prey on aphids?

~mIEKAL

  • [NAFEX] more on currant aphids, mIEKAL aND, 06/11/2011