nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting More Flavor in Strawberries

  • From: "Ginda Fisher" <list@ginda.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting More Flavor in Strawberries
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 06:38:04 -0400

While I'm sure soil makes some difference, I have some alpine strawberries in
pots, and others in the ground, and they taste pretty similar to me.

They taste much better if I wait until they are _really_ ripe before picking
them.

I can only grow alpine strawberries. For reasons I don't understand the
critters eat all my 'ordinary' strawberries but often don't notice the alpine
ones. But far away the best-flavored strawberries I've bought at farmers'
markets were 'earli-glow'.

-- GindaOn May 19, 2011 9:18 PM, Spidra Webster &lt;spidra@gmail.com&gt;