nafex - [NAFEX] Tomcot

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Tomcot
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 17:55:19 -0500

Tomcot apricot certainly gets good reviews from growers in the southeast.
They talked me into trying it here in southeastern NY as my site has not
been at all productive for the Harrow series apricots, although several of
my customers in more favorable spots nearby get very good crops from them.

Dave Wilson nursery propagates Tomcot and several westcoast nurseries
distribute it for them. I'm sure DW's web site can provide you with
several.

You might also consider the Rutger releases distributed by ACN (Adams county
nursery) as both of them are bred to perform in the mid-atlantic region. I
have harvested Earlyblush and it's wonderfully early and quite good.

  • [NAFEX] Tomcot, Alan Haigh, 05/19/2011