nafex - [NAFEX] pruning back rootstock

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pruning back rootstock
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 16:46:28 -0500

I've got a bunch of OHxF 333 that I had to dig up from a nursery bed. They
were all grafted to Kieffer last year & not a single graft took. (Maybe an
incompatibility?)

My question is, I've got these things in pots & they really look like they
need pruning. Some are 3 feet high, multiple uprights. All of the rootstock
looks vigorous & is in good shape. How much & what kind of wood to leave?
Or is it better to wait until I get them grafted to do any pruning?

~mIEKAL

  • [NAFEX] pruning back rootstock, mIEKAL aND, 05/06/2011