nafex - Re: [NAFEX] timing spray for brown rot

  • From: Grover Barnett <scionmechanic@optonline.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] timing spray for brown rot
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:12:00 -0400

I was the one that posted the link for Monterey Fungi-Fighter. MFF is a systemic fungicide Propiconazole and it eliminates brown rot when sprayed effectively.

I spray MFF on my peaches at full bloom on a dry day. (no insecticides for the bees) MFF is a systemic acting fungicide absorbed into the leaves and blooms.

The second is a combo spray mix with Triazicide insecticide, MFF and nu film-70(pine resin based sticker) and spray the fruitlets after shuck split.

I thin my peaches before the third spray. Bury any damaged ones. Then the third combo spray is 3-4 weeks after the second spray with the same mix.

The forth combo spray is timed 30 days before harvest and that would be roughly July 1.

For the black dots on Peaches(for Peach scab fungus) I also spray Chlorothalonil weekly till shuck split.

Next year you may only need three sprays for Brown rot and as little as two sprays in the following years.

Bonide Infuse is a little lower in price, same stuff. http://ozbo.com/Infuse-Systemic-Fungicide-Pt-912089.html

Grover Barnett
Zone 7
Long Island NY