nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Krymsk-1 Prunus rootstock

  • From: R F Hollaus <hollaus@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Krymsk-1 Prunus rootstock
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:48:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Jerry,

I have Zaiger's patented z-stem scions dormant in the fridge. They are
patented so I'm rather careful using these. I am using them to graft on
cherry rootstocks and then plum on top. The patent describes using them on
citation rootstocks and then growing cherry trees but I have found the z-stem
themselves to be bushier on cherry roots.

Because of the patent it's probably best to keep it quiet, so -shh, or zaiger
might have some authority to take them away from here. (I'm not selling, just
experimenting for myself)

The short of it is I would be interested to find out if krymsk-1 will do a
better job then citation under all this for cherries. I would be willing to
try some if you have any left to see how it would work for me for cherry.

By the way the z-stem is prunus cerasifera.

Rupert.