nafex - [NAFEX] mycorrhizal fungi & trellis posts

  • From: mike engle <speigletown@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] mycorrhizal fungi & trellis posts
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 23:18:22 -0400

This is concerning land that i will be planting grapes on this spring.
Troy, NY Zone 5
- - - - -
mycorrhizal fungi - Wondering abut people's personal opinions on treating my
soil with mycorrhizal fungi before I plant.
Also,

Trichoderma
atroviride. at this website http://www.ampacbiotech.net/
Is it worthwhile, or more of just a frill?

Trellis posts - I keep going back and forth. I am going to need 2 end posts,
and 5 posts in between, if I go with 3 plants between posts.

I was thinking black locust posts on the ends as there is a place about a
hour away which sells black locust. Then for the interior posts, alternating
between wood and steel, but then I wondered about a recycled plastic post to
take the place of the metal posts.(benefit of longevity)

so it might look like this
[locust] [metal] [locust] [metal] [locust] [metal] [locust]

Opinions? And if this is a decent idea, does anyone know a source for
recycled plastic posts?

Another wooden post I've found online is the Princeton Wood Preserver

pine posts.

Michael Engle
Troy, NY Zone 5