nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mycorrhizal fungi & trellis posts

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mycorrhizal fungi & trellis posts
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 06:46:03 -0400

Use black locust if you can get them, they are definitely the longest
lasting post without preservative.

Not sure how long your run is or how heavy duty you want this to be, but you
may not need any wooden posts in the middle. If your ends are good, you
should be able to go about 60-80 feet using just metal posts I would think.

I would use metal over plastic. Those heavy T-posts last forever. Takes a
long time to rust.

-matt