nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Looking for a dwarf sour cherry (P. cerasus) recommendation...

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Looking for a dwarf sour cherry (P. cerasus) recommendation...
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:28:09 -0400

English Morello would probably be classed as a semi-dwarf; should be much easier to keep small than a Montmorency.

If you can find the morello "Fruchtbare von Michurin" it is reported very reliable at Montreal, blooming about 9 days after Montmorency.
It is or used to be in the Michigan State collection. I'm told that the flesh clings somewhat to the pit.

I can't comment on the staining issue.

Doug Woodard