nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fw: Opal apples

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fw: Opal apples
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 07:08:25 -0400

On Mar 15, 2011, at 9:00 PM, Doreen Howard wrote:

> A friend in Olympia, WA emailed me with this question. I've never heard of
> the apple. Have any of you sampled it or have information about it?

I've had an apple called "opal" in MA, purchased from a fruit stand that
carries local produce and brags about how many different apples it carries in
season. I like to try apples I haven't had before, so I bought a couple. It
was an attractive apple and tasted fine, but it doesn't stand out in my
memory.

Ginda