nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fw: Opal apples

  • From: "Bob Hartman" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fw: Opal apples
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:30:41 -0700

Probably the Opal you are talking about is a club apple. You can read about club apples including the Opal apple at the following link,
http://www.nyshs.org/fq/fall09/NYFQ-FALL-09-pp-9-12.pdf.

Bob
Western Washington

-----Original Message----- From: Doreen Howard
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:00 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] Fw: Opal apples

A friend in Olympia, WA emailed me with this question. I've never heard of
the apple. Have any of you sampled it or have information about it?

"Have you had any Opal apples? Evidently discovered in either Germany or
Czech republic in 1999, being grown and sold by someone in Yakima, WA. I had
one yesterday, bought more today. They are special!"

Doreen Howard