nafex - [NAFEX] Anyone tried grafting with non-dormant scions?

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Anyone tried grafting with non-dormant scions?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:18:47 -0500

Back when I lived in California and didn't know any better, the only grafting I did was with non-dormant scionwood. My success rate wasn't very good but it did work some of the time. I removed all but the tiniest leaves of the scions. I had a bunch of bitter almonds in the yard that I grafted edible fruits onto. I worked in a plant nursery at the time and had access to a myriad of fruits and varieties to choose from. I had the best success with sweet almonds, peaches and plums.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Anyone tried grafting with non-dormant scions?, Jim Fruth, 03/14/2011