nafex - Re: [NAFEX] question about heartnuts..

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] question about heartnuts..
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 09:12:17 -0600

I'm probably not hardy enough to grow heartnuts & I have a lot
buartnuts (heartnut x butternut) going & I absolutely love the trees &
the nuts. I would recommend growing selected cultivars over seedling
trees, as there is huge variation in seedling buartnuts. Not sure if
that is also the case with heartnuts since they are not a cross but I
imagine there are some cultivars that would crack out a lot easier.

~mIEKAL