nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hazelnuts in NC OT?

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hazelnuts in NC OT?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:54:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Betsy,
I also live in 7a NC, about 15 miles west of Winston-Salem. I got two
Filbert trees through the Arbor Day Hazelnut Project about 9 years ago. They
grow and produce well here. I get about 5 5-gal buckets of nuts in the husk
- I shell out a couple buckets and give about 3 buckets away to friends and
neighbors. the only care I give them is to prune out a few of the oldest
stems each year, as well as any that decide to stick out of the cluster at an
angle.
Let me know if you want more info.
Jim Nottke