nafex - [NAFEX] Goumi Miss-ID followup

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Goumi Miss-ID followup
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:52:40 -0800 (PST)

Heard from the company mentioned previously that send me an Autumn Olive miss-id as goumi (I was ordered a goumi and it was labeled as such.  My email pointed out the catalog error and expressed concern that I would get a true goumi with the promised replacement this year.

E-mail response indicated a "crop failure" with their goumi, no mention of  the catalog errors and a refund being sent for the cost of the miss-id'd plant but no refund of the shipping.  Out three+ years plus shipping for this one.  So much for reputable companies.  I expected that they would at least address the catalog error or tell me that they couldn't replace the plant because of id problems, but they did not.

I've dealt with them for almost two decades, with growing dissatisfaction.  No more business from me for these people.

  • [NAFEX] Goumi Miss-ID followup, John S, 02/02/2011