nafex - [NAFEX] blackberries

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] blackberries
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:49:45 -0500

Has anyone tried, or heard of the new berry that Raintree has? It's called Wild Treasure, I think-- and sposed to be a cross btw the thorny wild cascade berry, and the Marionberry.
How do you think it would do on the east coast?
I don't like the thornless upright types like Chester; and I have a lot of fence to cover. We have a partially shaded spot, too near our new neighbors to keep goat that were very vocal, so we're turning that area into garden area, and sharing berries with the neighbor. He swore up and down the goat didn't bother him, but I know it must have.
Amy