nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Caution on Muscovy Ducks

  • From: "Richard Wagner" <rewagner@centurytel.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Caution on Muscovy Ducks
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:02:58 -0600

Ours lay mostly in the spring like wild ducks. Our largest clutch was 18 eggs. Our regular domesticated ducks have a longer laying period but I am not a big consumer of duck eggs, just for baking. My wife cures them for herself. For anyone interested check the internet for "mule ducks". 'Mule ducks' are Muscovy x duck hybrids that are sterile like mules but have much larger breast muscles than regular ducks

The mature drakes are quite uncouth, but you
only need one. Donna

. They are the meat duck of choice in Asia.

-----Original Message----- From: mIEKAL aND