nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw seed and a new question

  • From: Adrienne Bordo <beartown@toast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw seed and a new question
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:39:30 -0500

I thank you folks for all the help and I will follow up on the links.
After sending the original message, I thought to check Gardens North.
Lo and behold, not only moist packed seed ready for cold treatment but
pre treated ready to pot up seed.
The other question I have concerns American Chestnut. To my knowledge,
they were never native in this area (just over the border from western
VT), but maybe someone could confirm that. A company in British
Columbia is selling seeds from the West Coast that would not be
carrying the blight. Any ideas on what the chances would be for
growing Chestnuts here in Zone 4b?
Guess I need to get started with the Pawpaws right away. 67 + 8, I'll
be slowing down!

Adrienne
--
Adrienne Bordo