nafex - Re: [NAFEX] off topic: rice bugs

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] off topic: rice bugs
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:00:51 -0600

Hi Ginda, We often have these bugs, sometimes the meal moth (worm), sometimes weevil. We microwave them. It destroys bugs and eggs. Do some sorting if it's a bad infestation. I'm sure we've eaten a few without knowing it. Weevils have a pointed snout, lay eggs that hatch, etc. etc. There is a trap for the meal moths that works well, but you have to renew the attractant. I've seen them at Walmart. Hector Black
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ginda Fisher" <LIST@GINDA.US>