nafex - [NAFEX] astringency problems on hikes tasting autumn olive

  • From: "alden@waldenwinds.com" <alden@waldenwinds.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] astringency problems on hikes tasting autumn olive
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:24:31 -0700

Steven was reporting astringency problems on hikes tasting autumn olives.

Tasting at full ripe is critical to fruit quality in autumn olives.
One day, I hit my exploration area on a highway in central Massachusetts.
That day I tasted 126.  At the end of the day, I thought I had found a couple that were pretty good.

The next day, I went to taste them.  They were pretty terrible.
I had actually lost my sense of taste to the point where bad started to taste good.
Charlie Paradise

  • [NAFEX] astringency problems on hikes tasting autumn olive, alden@waldenwinds.com, 12/16/2010