nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Astringency in certain fruits & vegetables; stomach & GI tract be...

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Astringency in certain fruits & vegetables; stomach & GI tract be...
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:56:02 EST

In a message dated 12/15/2010 2:18:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, filtertitle@aol.com writes:

under-ripe persimmons, does any one know if any of the following fruits can also, in large and frequent quantities, result in bezoars is humans and live-stock:

Jim Claypool said, and I don't know his source of information, that bezors are more apt to form if the skins aren't properly masticated and a large quantity is eaten with little or no liquids.

This week they scoped my stomach for a medical problem. With all the persimmons I eat, I mentioned bezoars and they reported I have an ulcer but no bezoar. Eat more persimmons!

Jerry

  • Re: [NAFEX] Astringency in certain fruits & vegetables; stomach & GI tract be..., Jwlehman, 12/15/2010