nafex - [NAFEX] pine nuts

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "nafex Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pine nuts
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:47:47 -0600

Our Koren pine grafted to white pine must be 25 years old or more.  They hve been bearing for maybe 4 years, but getting the cones is a real problem.  Way up at the top of the trees, not many of them, and it's almost impossible to gather the tiny nuts when they fall because other creatures get there first.  No cones yet on the Siberian pine which is the same age.  We've tried Pinyon pine but they succomb to our high humidity.  Hector Black zone 6 middle TN

  • [NAFEX] pine nuts, Hector Black, 12/15/2010