nafex - [NAFEX] Quince varieites - fireblight/leaf blight resistance?

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Quince varieites - fireblight/leaf blight resistance?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:34:25 -0800 (PST)

Where we lived previously in southern oregon, I lost two (all) quinces -
Pineapple and Aromatnaya - to presumably fireblight, though I never had
problems on the apple or pear trees, even the bartlett 30' away.

Having moved to a warmer wetter climate (Willamette valley), I'd think the FB
risk was higher. I can't find information on if some varieties of (fruiting)
quince have more FB resistance?

thanks
Lisa