nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chokecherry vinegar question

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chokecherry vinegar question
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 09:45:49 -0500

Buy yourself a titration kit for acidity testing at a wine making supply
store.
When you do the titration on your vinegar, the result will be in tartaric
acid equivalent. To convert this figure into acetic acid, you need to
multiply by 0.8

For example, if you started with a 5% alcohol wine, it should transform
into 5% acetic acid and test at about 6% Titrable Acidity as Tartaric acid.

Claude