nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple peeler/slicer?

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: Unschooler@lrec.org, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple peeler/slicer?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:07:29 -0500

I have one like the amazon one, except with the clamp. Get the
clamping version. The suction will not hold it to anything. I love it.
Makes sauce or pies about 4x faster. You can swing the peeling arm
back if you'd like the peel on, but there's no choice on coring or
slicing. It does work best with harder apples; very ripe, very large,
or softer apples sometimes break apart. Keeping it sharp helps. Mine
required significant sharpening overhaul after 3 years, 100 quarts of
sauce, and a dozen pies and crisps.

Use a piece of rubber on the clamp to get it to grip the counter or
table firmly.

-matt
z5 se MI