nafex - [NAFEX] Seeking a New Membership Chair for NAFEX

  • From: "Natelson, Ethan, M.D." <ENatelson@tmhs.org>
  • To: 'North American Fruit Explorers' <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Seeking a New Membership Chair for NAFEX
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:58:18 -0600

Dear Group,

     After many years of exemplary service to NAFEX, Jill Vorbeck is stepping down from her position of membership chair, and we are seeking her replacement.  This is one of the few positions within NAFEX that carries a stipend, albeit modest and full reimbursement for expenses.  The current stipend is $1.50 per membership/year as determined by the membership numbers at the summer issue.  A brief description of some of the duties of the position includes the following:

1.      Collect and deposit membership dues and update the member’s subscription expiration date in the membership file as well as process change of address notices and maintain an accurate physical and e-mail (where provided) address of all members.

2.      Send renewal reminder postcards in the quarter the membership expires (NAFEX will reimburse for postage and printed postcards).

3.      At the end of each quarter, provide the publisher with notification of how many issues to print (this has been modified, since only one issue, rather than four, will be printed as hard copy, each year, with the others sent by e-mail and perhaps a few by snail mail) and prepare bulk mailing labels.  Also send a file of active US members to the mailing center for the bulk mailing (deb@assembleandmailgroup.com).  Receive and package and label the foreign and Canadian issues and send to Johnson & Hayward, the freight consolidating service in New Jersey for additional bulk mailing.

4.      Handle general correspondence concerning subscriptions, dues reconciliation, complaints, etc.

5.      Work with Jackie Kuehn, our editor, and other officers and key leadership members as well as the people supervising our website.

6.      When possible, attend our annual meeting and participate in our Board discussions.

     It is difficult to put into this brief description all of the detail that would eventually require a phone conversation with Jill to understand fully.  We basically need a person that is computer literate and can maintain good records and is willing to help NAFEX in making the change in Pomona to an expanded on-line status and the growing pains this will entail.  If you are interested, please contact Felix Cooper (cooperoso@hotmail.com) or myself (natelson@pipeline.com) or Jill (for further details of the current duties) at vorbeck@csj.net).

                                                               Regards, Ethan

Methodist. Leading Medicine.

Recognized by U.S.News & World Report as one of America's "Best Hospitals" in 13 specialties. Named to FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list five years in a row Designated as a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing Visit us at methodisthealth.com Follow us at twitter.com/MethodistHosp and www.facebook.com/MethodistHospital

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*** This e-mail is the property of The Methodist Hospital and/or its relevant affiliates and may contain restricted and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.

  • [NAFEX] Seeking a New Membership Chair for NAFEX, Natelson, Ethan, M.D., 11/22/2010