nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Self-fertile Meader A. arguta Male?

  • From: Hal Love <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Self-fertile Meader A. arguta Male?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 04:37:40 +0000 (UTC)

Meader male is not normally able to set fruit. I'm not familiar with this fruiting Meader selection, but there are fruiting males documented, so it is certainly possible that a fruiting shoot could appear on an otherwise normal male vine, due to a somatic mutation. The fruit on fruiting-males is usually quite small.

Hal