nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 93, Issue 6

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 93, Issue 6
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:43:32 -0400

Deb,

I'm originally from an apple farm in Cincinnati. I read that based upon a survey of orchardists, the top pick for Ohio was Jonathan: an all around wonderful eating, cooking, everything apple.

I was disappointed when I found I could not grow it here in Virginia without commercial spray practices. It is highly susceptible to cedar apple rust.

But in Ohio, it was a great apple! I recommend it to you.

Barbara Rosholdt Z7a
Central Piedmont Virginia