nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Meat squash

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Meat squash
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 23:25:12 -0500

I had a delicious harvest of Winter Luxury pumpkins this year.  Extremely sweet!  Unfortunately, I didn't beat the raccoons to many of them--I was only able to harvest about 8 of them before the coons got the rest. I believe I got the seed from Baker Creek.  My favorite pumpkin pie recipe is the recipe on the side of the Libby's canned pumpkin, though you can find it on Allrecipes.com without buying the canned stuff if you just search for "Libby's pumpkin pie". I do sometimes add an extra egg, depending upon how meaty vs. moist my pumpkins are.

--Leslie