nafex - [NAFEX] White mulberries vs Morus alba

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] White mulberries vs Morus alba
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

The posts about white mulberries have me confused at this point.  I thought that the Morus species could produce white, red or dark fruit and that the fruit color did not dictated what species of Morus you had.  Yet the posts all seem to assume that if you have fruit that is white, then you are dealing with M. alba.

Can someone who knows for sure clarify this in the interest of accuracy?

Thanks

John