nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Can Low-Chill Rootstock Affect Grafted Bits?

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Can Low-Chill Rootstock Affect Grafted Bits?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:08:23 -0700

Thank you, Anne.

I'm hopeful now. I had forgotten about Kuffle Creek Nursery. They claim that they're able to grow both Gravenstein and Yellow Newton Pippin in what I assume is a similar climate to ours. http://www.kuffelcreek.com/applelist.htm

The space I'm allowed for gardening in only gets full sun for about 4-5 hours per day. It's either shaded by a neighbor's tree or by our house for the rest of the time, although it's bright shade. However, my trees are in pots so I can conceivable ferry them around as needed.

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net

South Pasadena, CA Zone 9