nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jujube

  • From: anne bianca <atbianca@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jujube
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:02:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

       I bought a Sugarcane Jujube, after recommendations from other Nafex members, and THANKS to them I have a gorgeous tree that is starting to tower above me.  It is still very young and did not produce many fruits, but what it did produce was an unquestionably Sweet fleshed fruit.  I waited until it was brown, but from other information I have read, it reliably lives up to its name.
        I am not sure how much room you have or if you have already purchased one, but Sugarcane would be my recommendation--HoneyJar was also another recommendation when I inquired, but have yet to acquire that one.
Good Luck with which ever one you plant--They are Beautiful and Tough Trees worth planting in every zone they grow in!