nafex - Re: [NAFEX] what should I plant?

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] what should I plant?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:57:44 -0400

See my comments lower. These are for my orchard near Quebec City, zone 4.
Claude

A 21:48 10.09.16 -0400, vous avez écrit :

Hello Addicts;

I'm going to add 12 more apple trees to my orchard in Maine, zone 4.
My reason for writing is to check with you all for 'Horror Stories', or
Success Stories".

Roadside market. Leftovers will go into the cider tank.

What do you favor ????

Redcort I would prefer the standard Cortland - It is absolutely great
here.
Dayton
Ruby Jon
Honey Crisp Grows very well, beautiful apple, productive, hardy. My
children love it, but I think it lacks flavor.
Zabergau Reinette
Prairie Spy Very unproductive, but the few apples are of good quality
Roxbury Russet Has died here, did not seem hardy

Fire Away !!!

Murph

Attachment Converted: "C:\Fichiers\Attach\ATT00001.175.txt"

<<<<