nafex - [NAFEX] Looking for Cynthiana/Norton grape

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'Lon J. Rombough'" <lonrom@hevanet.com>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Looking for Cynthiana/Norton grape
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 09:18:20 -0500

Have a co-worker who is getting into home viticulture and winemaking.  He’s looking for Cynthiana/Norton grape, but has not been able to find it.  Wondered if any of the list members can point me in that direction.’

I know one of the local vineyards/wineries grows Norton – could be a source of dormant cuttings that he could readily avail himself of, if it’s one that roots readily from dormant cuttings and does well on its own roots.

Any thoughts/leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lucky Pittman

Hopkinsville, KY