nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Neglect Trees

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: Nat'l Ass'n of Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Neglect Trees
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:30:34 +0000

 I agree with Ernest. For example, my folks obsessed over their newly seeded lawn and watered way too much - fungus and drowning, in Spokane! I'm hardly the expert in handling trees and berries, but the greenlife out back is teaching me, a year at a time.
 Now that the blueberries are fenced away from the ducks they are no longer being nibbled on daily; finally putting on some size. I may get a crop from the Jersey next year.
 And, thanks to an earlier communiqúe, I will trim the black currant I'd put in full sun and plant a slip by the east facing wall.
 Perhaps someday I can attain some modest claim to art in my back yard husbandry. Art and fruit: worthy goals.
              Dave Liezen, Spokane, z6