nafex - Re: [NAFEX] early plum ID

  • From: piper33@verizon.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] early plum ID
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:14:35 -0500 (CDT)

I thought my early plum might be a Satsuma, but now I'm changing my mind. There are lots of misidentified images of plum that turn up when I do a google search. Lon guessed Methley, and I think that is what I have. I found an old illustration of both Satsuma and Methley, and Methley is a good match. Here is a link to the illustrations.
http://www.rosegathering.com/marieta/publications.htm

I have also created a photo album showing the mystery plum, if you want to help with the ID. Here is a link to those photos.
http://tiny.cc/0msb8

-Mark Lee, Seattle, mystery plum and blueberries ripe now