nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Loquat, ot

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Loquat, ot
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:07:17 -0700

Oddly detached from the natural/actual world, isn't it? We had a couple
cable guys here yesterday for over an hour. In the midst of their
connectivity struggles, I went outside and came back with the freshest
possible goat milk and eggs. Seemed decent to offer them some, it was the
end of their shifts and they could have taken some straight home. There was
something about the way they politely declined that made me think they
suddenly realized exactly where milk and eggs come from, and it seemed
unsavory. Not like from the store, where they must think they're generated
out of the ether by something like the food synthesizers on Star Trek.

~ Stephen