nafex - [NAFEX] Trombone Sprayer

  • From: "Carl Aichholz" <cmonut@fidnet.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Trombone Sprayer
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 21:09:10 -0500

I have a very good trombone that is very easy to use; 'about a third the effort of say the Hudson and others like that. The unit is solid precision machined brass. I have used it for years and I'm sure it'll last more than a lifetime if cared for.

What is different fom the others? Number one is there are no springs in the check valves. Springs add a force you have to overcome on each and every pump. The check valve balls are caged just right so only a very small stroke is needed to seat the check valve ball and start spraying. I'd say number 2 is that oiled leather on brass is low friction.

The unit is made by

GS Sprayers, 1201 W. Church, Livingston, TX   1-800-283-1889

Carl Aichholz, MO zone 5b

  • [NAFEX] Trombone Sprayer, Carl Aichholz, 05/15/2010