nafex - [NAFEX] Bangor Blackberry

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bangor Blackberry
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:24:51 -0500

I have two Bangor Blackberry plants that have survived -32 F without winter protection.

You may remember that I reported about my blackberry trials in 2009 and mentioned that none of the Bangor plants survived here in zone 3 unless they were weighted down and covered with snow. I destroyed all of those plants but kept a few suckers that I transplanted to study how they perform over time. Now I've got two plants that are probably worth propagating.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm Market
P.O. Box 799
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.BrambleBerryFarmMarket.com
Jams, Jellies, Syrups & more
1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

  • [NAFEX] Bangor Blackberry, Jim Fruth, 05/10/2010