nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Nanking, Evans Cherries; Location, Location, Location.... now taste

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Nanking, Evans Cherries; Location, Location, Location.... now taste
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

I will give you one caution about tasting Evan's Cherries: they are edible
and make nice pie or ok jam/jelly when they first turn bright red (end of
July up here), but they are at their largest and sweetest for eating out of
hand if you wait until the end of August or early September when they are
dark red.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB