nafex - [NAFEX] Apple Grinder - Fruit winemaking

  • From: Rosholdt <rosholdt@erols.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Apple Grinder - Fruit winemaking
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:30:48 -0400

Previous mesage:

Subject:Re: [NAFEX] Cider Mill
From:"Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
Date:Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:59:21 -0600
To:"'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>

I like cloudy juice.. actually it does clear when I can it. I made a wine with it years ago.. It cleared. I did not do anything special. Just let it set in the bottle. The sediment happened. When I make wine and mead they often come out cloudy and settle out with time. But as I said.. that is not an important thing for me.

Isn't fiber supposed to be good for you? lol
Naomi
New Message:

Naomi/Don Yellman,

What caught my attention was the "made wine" information. I would like some information that can help me (a novice) make wine from the fruit I get out of my orchard (cherries, grapes, apples, elderberries, raspberries, etc.) Any reference materials or classes anyone could recommend that would get me from "duh" to "oh!" would be appreciated.

Barbara Rosholdt
Z7a Louisa, VA
Central Virginia Piedmont