nafex - Re: [NAFEX] vole damage

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] vole damage
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:34:59 -0700 (PDT)

I'll second the comment about voles and black raspberries. I've seen quite a
bit of damage on black raspberries here from voles, particularly in years
when the populations are really high. Last year I lost quite a few plants in
my research plots because the roots had been completely chewed off. There
were lots of other plants that were really weakened from the voles as well.

Michael

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon
www.Mdossettphoto.com