nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Free the Grapes: Defeat HR5034: Stop the Monopoly Power Grab

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Free the Grapes: Defeat HR5034: Stop the Monopoly Power Grab
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:57:15 -0500

First, the topic, being one that SOME folks would consider off-topic, can be easily deleted, unread, by anyone who doesn't think the subject is worthy of their time.

Sure. I'm not worried about the occasional off-topic post, only about those off-topic posts that might have the potential to cause problems here. It really doesn't matter if you think it's "important," because that's not the point, is it? Should we really be debating the pros and cons of legislative bills? I just don't see any upside to that in this particular group.

I'm not the moderator here, and I'm certainly not going to try to tell anyone what they can and cannot post. I just think we need to be cautious. Perhaps I jumped on this too quickly, when it wouldn't have caused a problem at all. If so, I apologize. But I would rather caution about this kind of stuff before it becomes a problem, rather than afterwards.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it. - W. C. Fields