nafex - Re: [NAFEX] beginner plum panic

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] beginner plum panic
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:45:44 -0500

But today, my Toka has just about blossomed, while all the other plums in the neighborhood are still sensibly mostly dormant.

For what it's worth, my Toka plum doesn't bloom particularly early. The Superior plum is always the first to bloom for me (in fact, it's just started to bloom now). The Toka and Alderman plums generally start a few days later, with my Waneta plum lagging. But that might be because of their specific microclimates.

When I was researching plums, Toka was supposed to be early blooming, but the blooms were supposed to last for a long time. Or so I read. And as I recall, they did last quite awhile last year.

I like the idea of plum-daffodil hybrids, though.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
The wit makes fun of other persons; the satirist makes fun of the world; the humorist makes fun of himself, but in so doing, he identifies himself with people - that is, people everywhere, not for the purpose of taking them apart, but simply revealing their true nature. - James Thurber