nafex - [NAFEX] Blueberry varieties

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Blueberry varieties
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:37:56 -0400

I am planning a blueberry patch, which I also would like to have an ornamental aspect so I am planning the following:

Back row: Bluecrop, small rhodo, Northland
Mid row: Northcountry, Northblue
Front row: Dwarf Augusta, Top Hat and Wild Blueberry (V. Angustifolium)

Does anyone have any thoughts on these varieties as I have no experience with them?  Will I be all right for polination (will Northland or the others pollinate Bluecrop?). What kind of spacing typically works well?

As always any thought appreciated.

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC