nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 'Illinois Everbearing' mulberry

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'Illinois Everbearing' mulberry
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:21:02 -0700 (PDT)

Our chicken-wire fences work fine, once we put them up, and they worked on
our other trees. But these deer literally will eat a newly-planted tree if
you turn your back for the time it takes to go get a piece of fencing.

The only question is, should we buy a whole new grafted tree, or try to graft
something on to the rootstock we have?

Melissa