nafex - [NAFEX] cherry-plums and plums

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] cherry-plums and plums
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:40:17 -0500

I have grown the following cherry-plums: Oka, Sapa, Sapalta, Compass,
Opata, And "Toka"' I bought most of these for $7.95 and they were
all marked as cherry-plum. These were popular in the nurseries in
this area but most have disappeared from sale. The fruit quality was
not good. After four to five years most died. The best tasting plum
I have grown is LaCresent by far. The LaCresent barely makes it
through the winters and bears just a few plums each year.